Fork (1952.005)

Fork

Artifact

Identifier:
1952.005
Description
Silver fork embossed "Elgin House" - used in the Elgin House, built in 1837, where the Royal Bank now exists (part of the original building is still there). The Elgin House was opened one week before the 1837 Rebellion. Dr. John Rolf was one of the Rebellion leaders, and was guest speaker at the opening. The building was later used as a post office, and eventually became the Royal Bank of Canada.